We've done the best... to satisy the rest LP

squidsworth

Hi Folks,

Can anybody provide me info on the below records I've stumbled upon from my collection in the loft? Basically its a set of two different LPs that seem to 'belong' to each other. One is called 'We've done the best..', the other '..to satisfy the rest'. Both records have a collection of live tracks between 1969-1971. It appears to be released on a spanish label and claims permission by way of a number. So are these official, are they rare, is there any other interesting information about them (IE such as the live tracks included - are they in anyway special or just taken from other released materials)? I can say for sure these were purchased around the mid-late 80s but they may well have been an x number of years old when purchased. So the release date would also be useful. I can only find one single reference to one of them on the internet, that was a ebay auction in Canada in which the seller appeared about as clued up as I do! It sold for $75. I wonder if they even knew there was a companion record to go with it!

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Paul.

post-22737-0-58124100-1350573103_thumb.j

post-22737-0-21736700-1350573104_thumb.j

post-22737-0-28790200-1350573101_thumb.j

post-22737-0-53047200-1350573102_thumb.j

They are in fact bootlegs, unofficial albums. Songs are mostly from the zillion times copied BBC sessions.

Nice to have for the collection, but superfluous due the official release of the BBC material.

...TO SATISFY THE REST

TEL. INT. 101A

Side 1: That's The Way (5:29)/What Is & What Should Never Be (4:22)/Since I've Been Loving You (6:57)*/Whole Lotta Love (2:42)*

Side 2: Stairway To Heaven (8:22)/Tangerine (acoustic 3:15)/Thank You (8:03)*

Recording: Very good stereo except (*)Very good mono. Soundboard. Source: Live '69-'71. Comments: European bootleg. Deluxe color cover. Song separation.

WE'VE DONE THE BEST...

TEL. INT. 100A

Side 1: Heartbreaker (6:23)*/Black Mountain Side (8:02)*/Communication Breakdown (5:00)

Side 2: Out On The Tiles Intro-Black Dog (5:06)/Going To California (3:44)/How Many More Times (11:07)*

Recording: Very good stereo except (*)Very good mono. Soundboard. Source: Live '69-'71. Comments: European bootleg. Deluxe color cover. Song separation.

Thanks reswati, it's a shame the content isn't more exciting but at least it's a nice set and is a nice collection piece if nothing else. I wonder if one is rarer than the other, maybe the blue and red theme are imitating the led zep 1 LPs IE the blue being rare!

Archived