Best Forum for Questions about Ultimate Sessions Tracks?

Hellfrick

Hi! Although I've been listening to LZ for 40 years, I'm ashamed to say I never really did a deep dive until this last year. Not sure why it took so long, but here I am, making up for lost time. I've been enjoying many tracks on the Scorpio Studio Sessions Ultimate collection. I don't see many thread entries that mention that, and wondered where I could post some questions/comments.

Anyway, here's what I have to say: There's one track that really blows me away: D3 Trk 36

It's a ballad called "Untitled Instrumental" (like so many others on the set). The notes say it's from 1970/05, Bron-Y-Aur cottage. It has a solo over an acoustic guitar, and it's sounds to me like Jimmy's floundering for a hook, an angle for his solo--like a singer trying to find the right lyrics--and around 45 seconds in, he latches onto it and he really soars. He still hits some rough notes in the next minute, but it's just exciting to hear him find his mojo (so to speak).

Has anybody else noticed this tune, too? Did it ever become something more? Unlike so many other tunes on the set, where there are, say, 10 or more versions of the same melody, developing take after take, this only shows up once.

Curious if anyone had the same listening experience I did: I wince early on (like: Ouch) and then when he finds the groove, I feel elevated. It's the kind of experience we don't get in a finished, polished song. I enjoy hearing moments of inspiration, even fleeting ones, as it makes me feel like I'm listening to an artist have a lightbulb moment.

(If there's a better forum for this question, please let me know and I'll migrate this over.)