GET THE LED OUT! Led Zeppelin Salute

The Pagemeister

Zeppelin.jpg

GET THE LED OUT! Led Zeppelin Salute

various artists

Release date: February 19, 2008

"A superb tribute to Led Zeppelin. One of the greatest rock

instrumental albums in recent memory."

The concept of taking twelve celebrated numbers from the Zeppelin songbook and reworking them sans vocals works wonders on Get The Led Out! - Led Zeppelin Salute. Renowned for his great ears and studio expertise, producer guitarist Brian Tarquin assembled a sweeping array of classic Zeppelin covers as performed by some of rock's cutting edge guitar stars. Leslie West and Randy Coven visited Tarquin's New York Jungle Room Studios to lay down parts on a new “Moby Dick” while James Ryan cut an instrumental “Black Dog” at his studio in Australia. Martin Winch recorded his version of “Kashmir” in New Zealand while Hal Lindes recorded “Babe I'm Gonna Leave You” at his Venice Beach studio. Such is the international appeal of Led Zeppelin. No doubt Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will get a kick out of hearing these hard rocking instrumental versions of their classic originals. It's a testimony to Page and Jones that these timeless melodies and unforgettable arrangements sound ripe today as rock fusion and world beat style instrumentals nearly 40 years after they first appeared on a Led Zeppelin album. Brian Tarquin's deft touch in the studio brings out the sonic luster, adding to the instrumental rock wizardry in play on Get The Led Out! As a boon for Zeppelin fans, Get The Led Out! adds in four vintage bonus cuts—three from 1970 with Jimmy Page, Daniel Edwards, John Bonham and singer David “Lord” Sutch and one from ‘68 with John Paul Jones and singer Keith de Groot—presenting an interesting twist to this classic CD tribute.

Robert Silverstein of 20th Century Guitar magazine. (CD Review)

TRACK LISTING:

1. Whole Lotta Love - Chris Mahoney

2. Moby Dick - Randy Coven featuring Leslie West

3. Four Sticks - Howard Hart

4. Dazed & Confused - Brian Tarquin

5. Immigrant Song - Greg Rapaport

6. Kashmir - Martin Winch

7. The Battle Of Evermore - Steve Bingham

8. Black Dog - James Ryan

9. D'yer Mak'er - Larry Van Fleet

10. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Hal Lindes

11. Friends - Steve Booke