EDDIE VAN HALEN Discusses EVH Wolfgang Guitar

The Pagemeister

According to the Van Halen News Desk, VAN HALEN guitar legend Edward Van Halen and Guitar World's Chris Gill discuss the new EVH Wolfgang guitar in a new video (see below) from the CD-ROM included in the February 2009 issue of Guitar World. The issue ships this week at VanHalenStore.com, and will hit newsstands around December 16.

In the interview, the guitarist explains how the Wolfgang is "a culmination of my 35 years of experimenting with guitars. Everything that I've destroyed, stumbled onto, learned and experienced in my journey to get to where we are now is in this guitar. And there is a lot more to come."

He adds, "A guitar is a very personal extension of the person playing it. You have to be emotionally and spiritually connected to your instrument. I'm very brutal on my instruments, but not all the time. I'm not to the point where I’m like Pete Townshend and smashing the shit out of it after a gig. I wouldn't do that to an instrument that is a part of me. I don't need to do this for financial reasons. I could have just stayed at home and built this guitar for myself. I do this because a lot of people ask if they can get what I use. Well, yes you can and what you get is identical to what I use."

See the video

Archived