The Joy Of Aging

redrum

Talk to me in about 10-15 years.

You might be right, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We know that calorie restriction improves the lifespan. We also know that reducing exposure to chemicals and other substances reduces problems etc. We know that not smoking reduces a lot of risk. We know that exercise is good body maintainence etc.

We have a lot of information out there on preventing aging problems.

I saw a great study that showed that out of shape/unhealthy people who exercised saw their genes actually change within a certain time period, may have been a month or so.

Wish I still had the study, but it tells me that a lot can be controlled by your actions. If we can actually influence the structure of our genes, then I'd say things are looking good for those who care.

Another thing to remember is that for people alive today, especially the younger folks, there will likely be anti aging medical technology available at some point in there lifetime. It's going to be very interesting. It's in everyone's best interest to be as healthy as possible and maintain their bodies so they'll have enough time to utilize this new technology.

You might be right, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We know that calorie restriction improves the lifespan. We also know that reducing exposure to chemicals and other substances reduces problems etc. We know that not smoking reduces a lot of risk. We know that exercise is good body maintainence etc.

We have a lot of information out there on preventing aging problems.

I saw a great study that showed that out of shape/unhealthy people who exercised saw their genes actually change within a certain time period, may have been a month or so.

Wish I still had the study, but it tells me that a lot can be controlled by your actions. If we can actually influence the structure of our genes, then I'd say things are looking good for those who care.

Another thing to remember is that for people alive today, especially the younger folks, there will likely be anti aging medical technology available at some point in there lifetime. It's going to be very interesting. It's in everyone's best interest to be as healthy as possible and maintain their bodies so they'll have enough time to utilize this new technology.

I try very hard to restrict my calorie intake now that I'm approaching the big SIX-O! I've never smoked even though I was around 'second hand' smoke a lot as my parents both smoked, but I don't believe in that theory either. I do ride my bicycle as much as I can and I get in a minimum of 5 miles a day and sometimes stretch that to ten miles if I feel like going the backroad route. And I usually ride with a backpack that has tools, books, etc.

And yesterday I was told that my 5 polyps were all benign. :D But they do want me to have another colonoscopy in about 4 years rather than 10.