Bauhaus Bowing Out With New Album

Jahfin

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003680868

bauhaus_01l.gif

Bauhaus

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The good news for Bauhaus fans: the group is eyeing a March 4 release for "Going Away White," its first studio album since 1983. The bad news: there will be no further activity from the legendary goth band, who reunited in 2005 for the Coachella festival and later toured the world.

"We were getting along really well, but there was an incident that occurred," drummer Kevin Haskins tells Billboard.com, declining to elaborate further. "Some of us just felt that we didn't want to carry on as a working unit."

As such, "Going Away White," which the band is releasing digitally via iTunes and on CD via its own Bauhaus Music imprint through Redeye Distribution, will close the book on Bauhaus. Haskins, guitarist Daniel Ash, bassist David J and vocalist Peter Murphy recorded the album last year after entering the studio "with nothing prepared," according to Haskins.

"I was concerned because history most of the time has proved that when groups reform and record, it doesn't work out," he says. "We all decided, let's just give it a go and see if it's working.

What emerged were songs Haskins says stay true to the original Bauhaus spirit, including "Adrenaline" and "Endless Summer of the Damned," which were performed during a summer 2006 tour with Nine Inch Nails.

"Now, there's a little bit of an empty feeling because we can't tour with it," Haskins admits. "All the same, it's something we're very proud of, and we feel a lot of people will be interested to hear it."

Thanks Jahfin. I 'saw' Bauhaus in June, 1983 in Derby on the 'Burning from the Inside' tour. Unfortunately they only played one song before storming off due to some members of the audience spitting at Pete Murphy! Then, not long after that, they split up. I missed seeing them in 2006 so I might get to see them this time around.

• 2 months later...

Archived