Hello everybody

Art Pig

Just wanna spill this out with people. Weird really. So hello everyone! I'm 45, never seen Zeppelin but got into them around 79-80 when I was about 16.

It's weird really, I can't stand other bands like Free, Deep Purple, Whitesnake etc who play, on a superficial level, Zeppelin type music. Beyond Zeppelin my favourite stuff is Throbbing Gristle, The Residents and Ella Fitzgerald...so you see what I mean?! Also into Disco, AnarchoPunk and bits of Prog stuff, King Crimson in particular...And when i listen to Zeppelin they MOVE me..! The things that dig down really deep and make me nearly cry are Achilles Last Stand, Since I've Been Loving You and Kashmir. Stairway to Heaven too, and y'know, as time goes on i think Presence is my favourite album...it's, I dunno, it's just....I dunno!

When I watch Jimmy's playing of Achilles from Knebworth it makes me well up with emotion.

So on a level I've never been entirely sure about, there is something happening in Zeppelin's music that touches me.

I'd love to talk with others here about this. What is it?!

Love to you all.

Paul x.

Just wanna spill this out with people. Weird really. So hello everyone! I'm 45, never seen Zeppelin but got into them around 79-80 when I was about 16.

Sorry you missed them live, because there was nothing like it IMHO.

It's weird really, I can't stand other bands like Free, Deep Purple, Whitesnake etc who play, on a superficial level, Zeppelin type music. Beyond Zeppelin my favourite stuff is Throbbing Gristle, The Residents and Ella Fitzgerald...so you see what I mean?! Also into Disco, AnarchoPunk and bits of Prog stuff, King Crimson in particular...And when i listen to Zeppelin they MOVE me..! The things that dig down really deep and make me nearly cry are Achilles Last Stand, Since I've Been Loving You and Kashmir. Stairway to Heaven too, and y'know, as time goes on i think Presence is my favourite album...it's, I dunno, it's

just....I dunno!

We all have our own opinions, but unlike you I love Free, Deep Purple and many of the bands from the late 60's thru 1980. For me the music from Led Zeppelin was from the soul and there were 4 of the best at what they do, not just a couple of the members but all of them as a whole.

When I watch Jimmy's playing of Achilles from Knebworth it makes me well up with emotion.

That's what music of this caliber does.

So on a level I've never been entirely sure about, there is something happening in Zeppelin's music that touches me.

For me it was a combination of the four, the live performances, the variety of music they gave us. The balleds, the riffs that Jimmy provided, JPJ on bass and keyboards, mandolins..etc. and Roberts bluesy voice that could hit notes that you just didn't know where they came from

I'd love to talk with others here about this. What is it?!

It's The Mighty Zeppelin :notworthy:

Love to you all.

Paul x.

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to say hi :) every esential info about me is on my profile :) I´ve been listening to LZ since I was a kid thanks to my supercool dad ( whos a Deep Purple fan, though, but somehow I felt i must be the one to keep up the LZ legacy :) and now we got the complete DP and LZ discography at home :) i think thats cool :)

Archived