Wrist Band Entry into the O2

Once I have my wrist band on and my ticket in hand, do I really need to enter the show with the original purchaser?? Why? I really prefer to enter the O2 late (little before Zep) and by myself. Nothing I have read of an official nature says I can not enter alone - it does say that the original purchaser may be asked for ID, but there is no reference to the other ticket holder being asked for ID. Lot's of talk out there suggesting the two ticket holders have to enter together, but I do not see why. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Once you've been tagged and ticketed you can do whatever you want. You don't have to go in with the original ballot winner. However you, the ticket holder, do have to take some id just in case they ask for it.

From Ticketmaster:

On the night of the show everyone will be required to present BOTH the wristband and ticket for entrance to the show. Wristbands must not be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticket holders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue.

I've spoken to Ticketmaster and mentioned this and they confirmed that this is correct!