Definitive SHM boxset

mesfen

Has anyone purchased this set? I recently purchased it and on inspection suspect that it is fraud. My suspicion is based on the absence of the 2 diecast replicas of the 3rd and Physical Graffiti. Does anyone know if these special replicas were only available for a short time?

• 3 months later...

I bought a fake SHM box as well. The actual SHM-CD box was limited to 2000 copies, and authentic copies usually run for about $300+. There are legitimate copies of the box in regular cd format with all the die-cast covers: LZ3 wheel, PG windows, engraved title on Presence with sticker if you want to put it on, unique texture on TSRTS, raised lettering on Coda, and real paper bag for ITTOD. I got the normal cd set for $150.

Cheesehead is right, the SHM CD sets are very hard to find now, and if you're lucky enough to find a genuine one it will be very expensive. There are lots of fakes out there being made in China so you need to be careful what you're buying. I also have the regular CD set and I'm more than happy with the sound quality.

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Cheesehead is right, the SHM CD sets are very hard to find now, and if you're lucky enough to find a genuine one it will be very expensive. There are lots of fakes out there being made in China so you need to be careful what you're buying. I also have the regular CD set and I'm more than happy with the sound quality.

Frankly, the whole SHM CD is a big hype. I compared the old YES HDCD papersleeves from 1998 and 2001 with their 2009 reissues on SHMCD counterparts. The Yes Album sounds better in HDCD (IMHO). Close to the Edge and Yessongs are better in SHMCD.

The Artwork on the latest ZEP papersleeves is superior to previous issues. That's the only thing that matters (and CODA having the great bonus tracks)