From the O2 in London

Posting from my BlackBerry in London. Arrived at the O2 early to get my tickets and merchandise, inluding the limited edition poster. Our general admission tickets are very close to the stage so I will post pictured before, during, and after the gig.

On a side note, I was able to get unsupervised access to the Hard Rock vault. I have a great photo of the kit Bonham used in the earlt years of Zeppelin. Also got to hold and play Jimi Hendrix custom made Gibson Flying V that he used at Isle of Wright. The first playable 54 Fender Strat used by Duane Allman and Eric Clapton on the Layla sessions I also got to hold and play. The last guitar I played was Beck's original Esquire Tele.

With my streak of pure luck and my girlfriends' understnading I would not be surprised if I got to get close to Zeppelin's gear before the gig. If not I will at least be close to get great photos and enjoy the gig 100%.

Cheers to all the fans attending and with less than 18 hours until the gig I hope all of the fans at home are as excited as we are.

-doublea from the US of A.

Yes we are... )

Might I also add that my girlfriend and I were one of the first few hundred to get our wristbands and tickets. The staff at the O2 were very professional and considering we had our tickets, wristbands, and merchandise is less than an hour was amazing. Some bloke from the BBC snapped our photo during thos time.

I met British fans, Canadian fans, and even a few Americans from the military that were allowed to attend due to their Officer's permission.

Amazing to see so many come to together for Ahmet's tribute and the Zeppelin gig.Off to bed now. Stay tuned...

Might I also add that my girlfriend and I were one of the first few hundred to get our wristbands and tickets. The staff at the O2 were very professional and considering we had our tickets, wristbands, and merchandise is less than an hour was amazing. Some bloke from the BBC snapped our photo during thos time.

I met British fans, Canadian fans, and even a few Americans from the military that were allowed to attend due to their Officer's permission.

Amazing to see so many come to together for Ahmet's tribute and the Zeppelin gig.Off to bed now. Stay tuned...

:cheer:Yay, officer!

Archived