Zeppelin Catalog

MarkWF1

Just getting into some Zeppelin interviews and such that Rhapsody has listed on there system. As most of you know Zep is one of those bands that is all over the net in bootleg fashion but they have decided to not go online legally with there catalog..

My question for those of you that are probably much more in the know then I am, is Why? And secondly why not now? Wouldn't any one in there right mind start to think that there has to be a time that they take there catalog to the masses in a legal fashion and put there catalog online? Specially since there music has been stolen and bootlegged onto the net so much anyway.. Why wouldn't they just put it on a system like Rhapsody and be done with it! At least get there chunk of change and move up to the modern age and do it right.. have there handlers and press machine do it justice by releasing it to the masses in the right way..

Comments on the subject are welcome and if any one knows someone on the inside that can really make a statement in this regard all the better..

Your's maybe new to this board but not new to Rock and Roll and or the net.

MarkWF1

Just getting into some Zeppelin interviews and such that Rhapsody has listed on there system. As most of you know Zep is one of those bands that is all over the net in bootleg fashion but they have decided to not go online legally with there catalog..

My question for those of you that are probably much more in the know then I am, is Why? And secondly why not now? Wouldn't any one in there right mind start to think that there has to be a time that they take there catalog to the masses in a legal fashion and put there catalog online? Specially since there music has been stolen and bootlegged onto the net so much anyway.. Why wouldn't they just put it on a system like Rhapsody and be done with it! At least get there chunk of change and move up to the modern age and do it right.. have there handlers and press machine do it justice by releasing it to the masses in the right way..

Comments on the subject are welcome and if any one knows someone on the inside that can really make a statement in this regard all the better..

Your's maybe new to this board but not new to Rock and Roll and or the net.

MarkWF1

iTunes.

Thats where my 12 CD set of Zep songs came from. My brother in law bought it and happend to burn an extra set for me know I was just as much of a fanatic as he is.

Dont do ITunes. Dont do apple, hate a locked market.. Dont agree with bootleg eather so I guess it's off to buy the CD's..

Thanks for the replys..

MarkWF1

Dont do ITunes. Dont do apple, hate a locked market.. Dont agree with bootleg eather so I guess it's off to buy the CD's..

Thanks for the replys..

MarkWF1

That's how I got my collection, only it was vinyl in the beginning.