Ronnie Wood Lands His Own Telly Music Show

kenog

Great news in today's UK Sun - Ronnie Wood To Get His Own TV Music Show

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3720929/Rolling-Stone-Ronnie-Wood-has-landed-his-own-telly-music-show.html#ixzz1TVYkxMMd

Awards ... Ronnie WoodTV Exclusive

The Ron show

By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor

ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood has landed his own telly music show. The Sky Arts gig follows the success of his award-winning radio slot.

Ronnie, 64, will play music and invite pals on for performances and interviews.

Sky bosses were impressed by the hellraiser picking up Music Personality Of The Year at the 2011 Sony Awards.

Absolute Radio DJ Ronnie, who has battled booze and drugs, said yesterday: "I've had so much fun doing my radio show and had lots of success with recent awards.

Two shows ... Jo Whiley

"It's now going to TV to give the audience the chance to see behind the scenes."

Sky, which has broadcast from 13 festivals this summer, has also signed BBC music host Jo Whiley for two shows to air in October.

The Jo Whiley Show will see musicians and experts debate music-industry issues. Jo Whiley Live, a 30-minute music slot, will follow it.

Jo, 46, who will keep hosting her BBC radio shows, said: "I'm delighted.

"Performance is going to be a big part of both shows - getting on established acts as well as giving new bands a showcase.

"And I'm looking forward to giving guests the opportunity to really speak their mind."

Sky Arts boss James Hunt said: "Jo and Ronnie are wonderful assets. We're delighted."

Archived