Mumford & Sons

reppinzeppelin

I got turned onto them in late 2010/early 2011. It was one of those incidences where I had seen the name but I hadn't actually heard any of their music. Then, one day I was listening to author Steve Almond being interviewed on NPR for his book Rock n' Roll Will Save Your Life when someone called in raving about Mumford and Sons so they played a snippet of "Little Lion Man". I really liked it so I went out and bought Sigh No More immediately. Not long after that, they became sort of a "buzz band" and it was amazing to watch as the critical backlash set in. The "hipper than thou" crowd started trashing them at every turn and continue to do so. I still like them and am looking very forward to the follow up to Sigh No More. Cool to see another fan here not only of Mumford and Sons but of new music in general as this board has never really been a bastion of people interested in hearing new music. It's usually folks whining over the lack of a Zeppelin reunion and/or seeking new music that bares some sort of resemblance to Zeppelin.

• 7 months later...

I was wondering, after Robert Plant mentioned them in the conference, will this provide a boost to the band, maybe increase their album sales if only a a bit?

I personally know very little about them, except that the song "I will wait" seems to be on every radio station that I listen to these days, I'm kind of getting tired of the song due to its heavy rotation.

Archived