a bad song?

Brand new here - great forum. I'm 44 years old and have been a fan since I was a lil nipper. I've always held Zeppelin in a different category than any other band, and what I mean by that is that there's not a single song on any of their albums that I don't like (or love). Is there another band that you can think of that churned out consistently great tunes over the course of their entire discography and didn't release a dud? I can't think of a single song that I don't like.

Welcome to the forum.

In answer to your question: Of course it's all down to personal taste, but R.E.M's output from their E.P Chronic Town to Automatic For The people was very consistent and lacking in any notable duds (some might point to Shiny Happy People as such, but I have always like the song) after Automatic there was great music still, but the consistency dropped.

With Zep, there are only a handfull of tunes I could live without i.e The Crunge which I wouldn't class as a "bad song" per se, and besides, the drumming is awesome on it; it's always worth listening to for that. I think that's true of all their songs; there's usually an amazing guitar part, drum fill or something of the performance to make it a rewarding listen.

So yeah, Zep are pretty much the only band where I like all of their stuff…

Archived