Jason keeping the Bonham bloodline

I'm so grateful to be one of the lucky ones to have been there at the O2 Arena.

One of the most emotional moments for me was when RP talked about when Jason was little, Bonzo and Pat used to sing to Jason, "the wind cries mary" and that Jason has a great singing voice. Jason stood up behind his kit, clenched his fist across his heart, looked up to the skies and seemed to say this is for you Dad. It made me realise that LZ could have never done this without waiting for Jason to grow into his Dad's shoes. He did a great job, no one could ever be as good as Bonzo as he was an originator but Jason comes very close!

Reports suggest that Jason was so emotional before the gig he was sick. Well done JB you were awesome!

It made me realise that LZ could have never done this without waiting for Jason to grow into his Dad's shoes.

They couldn't and shouldn't play as "Led Zeppelin" without him. Jason is obviously as much a custodian of the band and it's music as are the other 3 band members - from his knowledge of the band's history to his knowledge of ALL versions of their music, including bootlegs.

Archived