The Faces reunion Is Rod too middle of the road now?

weslgarlic

For years there as been talk of a Faces reunion tour ( & possible new album ) with Rod Stewart since they did a one-off in 1986 & Ronnie appearing live with Rod on various occassions, they've did write some new songs together but the sessions nver surfaced

Since either Rod's been too busy on solo stuff or Ronnie Wood's been doing the stones or solo stuff , the rest (minus rod )did some shows with Mick Hucknall on vocals , but the door was still left open for Rod .

Ronnie's currently back in The Stones , Rods doing his Christmas album & tour .,but did he say that "he" was releasing an rock album of all new songs next year

The Faces have had various compilations out of the last ten years , but have not seen to tour them.

Cliff & The Shadows did a 50th anniversary tour like the stones, maybe there's still time for a Faces or even Led Zep reunion .late 2013 onwards

Rod Stewart no longer has the voice to sing Faces songs. Miss Judy's Farm, Too Bad, Had Me A Real Good Time, Bad n' Ruin, Stay With Me for instance are all way out of his vocal range. Anyway I can't imagine him wanting to turn the clock back almost 40 years. It's been along,long time since he turned from a Rocker into a middle of the road crooner.. I just wish the vaults would be opened up to give us some pre 1973 vintage Faces live material after wetting our appetite with the three live tracks from the Fillmore East in 1970 that came out on the most recent ("StayWith Me") Faces compilation.

Rod Stewart no longer has the voice to sing Faces songs. Miss Judy's Farm, Too Bad, Had Me A Real Good Time, Bad n' Ruin, Stay With Me for instance are all way out of his vocal range. Anyway I can't imagine him wanting to turn the clock back almost 40 years. It's been along,long time since he turned from a Rocker into a middle of the road crooner.. I just wish the vaults would be opened up to give us some pre 1973 vintage Faces live material after wetting our appetite with the three live tracks from the Fillmore East in 1970 that came out on the most recent ("StayWith Me") Faces compilation.

Have you seen the" five guys walked into a bar" box set ?

Have you seen the" five guys walked into a bar" box set ?

Yes, I have it along with their four studio albums one live album the "Good Boys While They're Asleep" and "Stay With Me" compilations. On the Rod Stewart side of things I have the two albums he did with Jeff Beck, his first five albums from "Old Raincoat up to " Smiler". I thought "Smiler" to be a huge letdown that ended my love with his music until "Unplugged And Seated came out in the 90s. The only other thing I have is the " Rod Stewart Sessions 1971-1998" box set. I can't bring myself to get any of his albums from "Atlantic Crossing" to the present day, I call them the sell out- lost the plot years, That means 1975 until this day. I have though read his new biography, it's belly bustingly funny and full of chesty chuckles...A great read indeed.