JPJ @ Irving Plaza NYC - Oct 1999

Yes, I'm sorry for not getting any bass shots as he was playing some very interesting looking models. The venue seemed to have a somewhat relaxed attitude to photos, although after a while, some guy would come over and say, "Okay, that's enough". Front row. It was a very odd experience after seeing Zeppelin in all their massive spectacle, to be watching JPJ in such an intimate venue.

Yeah it was strange seeing jpj in such a small venue, after the page/plant arena shows. I never got to see a zep show. With the heavy material off zooma combined with his versions of black dog and when the levee breaks...was a nice hammering show.

Being at almost touching distance from him performing, I came away with a whole new level of respect for the man. The biggest thing I took away from the show was fully understanding what the Jones component to Zeppelin really was. Such an understated guy, who's brilliance will never be fully understood by even the average Zeppelin fan, let alone the public at large.

Archived