Autobiography

NealR2000

1 hour ago, NealR2000 said:

As the original poster here, I really was thinking of an AUTObiography rather than a biography.  The more I think about this, I really don't see it happening, ever.  Only autobiographies on Page or Plant are marketable.  However, Plant has far more interesting things to spend his time on.  As for Page, he might if there's the possibility of a big payday, but there are too many dark periods in his past that publishers would insist on.

Not sure about that, I for one would prefer a book from Jones over Page or Plant as I would assume Jones would be more impartial and truthful. In the end though I doubt any of them, including Jason, would put one out. They all seem like very private people, unlike Ozzy or Keith, and will wish to let sleeping dogs lie in perpetuity.

8 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Not sure about that, I for one would prefer a book from Jones over Page or Plant as I would assume Jones would be more impartial and truthful. In the end though I doubt any of them, including Jason, would put one out. They all seem like very private people, unlike Ozzy or Keith, and will wish to let sleeping dogs lie in perpetuity.

I agree.  But over and above this, I think that Robert and Jimmy are both conscious of less being more, and the fact that in the internet age there is still mystique around the band is possibly unique. A tell-all, notwithstanding the downside of having 1970s behaviour held up to 2010s scrutiny, renders the band more prosaic. 

You dance with the one that brung ya, and in their case the more distant they seemed the more ardent their following.  Can't see that changing.

Interesting about Jason and a book.  I can actually see that happening as he is far more extroverted and a lot less wealthy than the actual band members.  However, he is very well aware that any glimmer of a hope of another stint with him in the band would be scrapped if he were to reveal what he knows or was told.

6 hours ago, NealR2000 said:

Interesting about Jason and a book.  I can actually see that happening as he is far more extroverted and a lot less wealthy than the actual band members.  However, he is very well aware that any glimmer of a hope of another stint with him in the band would be scrapped if he were to reveal what he knows or was told.

This could happen, however not until Jimmy has shuffled off his mortal coil. I doubt Jason would wish to risk damage to the friendship, the possibility of working together, or a dreaded Jimmy "curse."

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

John Paul Jones has led a very interesting life.  There is his early childhood spent on the road with his entertainer parents, followed by several years at a boarding school for musically talented children. He toured with The Shadows while he was still in his teens and came of age in Swinging London.  This all happened before he called Jimmy Page and asked if he needed a bass player for his new band.  Lots of great material there but Jones is even less likely than Plant or Page to write or authorize an autobiography.  

Archived