The Airbus A380-800 -- The 500-800 Person Airplane

The Rover

Singapore Airlines has taken delivery of 2 Airbus A380-800 Jumbo Jets.

SIA_Airbus_A380,_9V-SKA,_SIN_3_resized.jpg

Singapore Airlines offers twelve fully-enclosed first-class suites on its A380, each with one full and one secondary seat, full-sized bed, desk, personal storage, and 58-cm (23-inch) LCD screen at a 20% to 25% price premium over standard first class seating. Four of these suites are in the form of two "double" suites featuring a double bed.

The 78 in bed is separate from the seat and folds out from the back wall, with several other components of the suite lowering to accommodate the mattress. Windows are built into the doors and blinds offer privacy. Suites located in the centre can form a double bed after the privacy blinds between them are retracted into the ceiling.

And so... 'The Mile High Club" can now easily be a comfortable and a private affair.... B):D

Singapore_Airlines_Suites.jpg

Airbus has confirmed the plans for an enlarged version, the A380-900. This version would have a seat capacity of 650 passengers in standard configuration, and of around 900 passengers in economy-only configuration. The first A380-900s could be delivered to customers around 2015. Airlines, including Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, and Cathay Pacific, have already expressed great interest in the extended model.

I have never been a member of the Mile High Club. I think I would rather experience that on a sleeper train...

Archived