Dexateens Giving Away New Record

Jahfin

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=363112243

"Lost and Found" is our fourth full length record. The release will be available as a FREE download for a limited time. We are getting together the last of the final master edits now. Should be another few days and then the album will be available. We will let you know this week when and where the release location is posted.

Later in the year, we will release "Lost and Found" on vinyl and CD. During that time, we will also release a limited run with deluxe packaging and artwork created and printed by John Smith and the rest of the band. The CD and vinyl will be a co- release from SKYBUCKET RECORDS and the new in house Dexateens label, CORNELIUS CHAPEL RECORDS.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=363112243

"Lost and Found" is our fourth full length record. The release will be available as a FREE download for a limited time. i]

I'll be looking forward to it, thanks for the info.

By the way, thanks for the heads up...your reference to Slobberbone in another thread had me seaching for their music on Rhapsody.

Not sure how I missed them, but I dug the hell out of Barrel Chested. They remind me of the drive-by Truckers both lyrically and musically. I'd like to cover some of their songs if I ever get into a stable band situation.

Also, that search led me to a couple of other cool bands that I didn't know about, Two Cow Garage and Supersuckers.

No problem. I'm a huge fan of Slobberbone and of Brent Best's current band The Drams (which features most of the same members but is an altogether different sound). Not sure if you're aware of it but the Truckers and Slobberbone used to tour quite frequently together back in the day. I'm not sure if it's still available but at one time there was a video online of the two bands peforming Neil Young's Cortez the Killer together onstage under the name "Slobber Truckers". I'm also a fan of Two Cow Garage but so far all I have is their first record. Not sure if you're aware of this either but Brent Best has served as the producer of their last couple of records.

I haven't heard a lot of Supersuckers but I do have one of their songs on a tribute to Willie Nelson called Twisted Willie. They're also on a Steve Earle single I have as well as backing him on a song or two from his outstanding record El Corazon.

No problem. I'm a huge fan of Slobberbone and of Brent Best's current band The Drams (which features most of the same members but is an altogether different sound).

10-4 on the different sound!

Here's how Rhapsody categorizes (not that it particularly matters) Slobberbone:

Alternative/Punk>Alt. Country>Slobberbone

Now here's The Drams:

Rock/Pop>The Drams

Slobberbone pulled me in immediately. I'll have to listen to the Drams a few more times.

I was unaware of the Slobber Truckers or Steve Earl connection.

Yeah, the Drams record definitely has much more in common with the studio stylings of latter day Beatles and Beach Boys than Slobberbone ever did. Live, they still do the old Slobberbone tunes which is nice.

The Steve Earle/Supersuckers single is Creepy Jackaloupe Eye:

supersuckers-earle.jpg

It's also available on the Steve Earle rarities collection Sidetracks.

Archived