The Allman Brothers Band has postponed its Beacon Run

With Allman Ailing, ABB Postpones Beacon Run

March 27, 2008, 12:25 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

The Allman Brothers Band has postponed its annual run of 15 shows at New York's Beacon Theatre while frontman Gregg Allman recovers from treatment for Hepatitis C. The run was scheduled for May 5-24.

The ABB has also cancelled upcoming performances at the Wanee Festival, which it hosts every year in Live Oak, Fla. Wanee will continue as planned April 11-12 with a lineup including Gov't Mule, Bob Weir & Ratdog, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival, moe., Levon Helm and others.

A statement from Beacon operator Madison Square Garden Entertainment says those holding tickets to the shows should retain them, as they will be honored at the rescheduled dates.

According to the statement, Allman has been receiving scheduled treatments for Hepatitis C and "the virus has been eradicated from his system." However, he's not quite up the taxing Beacon run yet.

"I'm getting better but I'm still tired," Allman says. "I need to be at 110% to do the shows the way we do them. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support and understanding my Brothers and our fans have given me."

As for other Allman Brothers Band dates, a 12-concert run planned for August will go on as scheduled.

The Beacon Theater is a great place for a concert. Great atmosphere like the 70's. Pity the poor ABB fanatic who lives in the NYC area and HAS to see every show. Lot's o money. I've seen Jethro Tull, The Band, Ian Anderson solo and Richard Thompson there.

Archived