Doctor Who petition

MisterMcLov1n

Due to the BBC’s policy of wiping episodes of television programmes in decades past to save money and tape, many episodes of Doctor Who were lost. The annoying thing about this is that in its original format, Doctor Who was made up of multi-part stories; having one part missing ruins the whole story. The soundtracks for the episodes still exist, and last year, Cosgrove-Hall, creators of Dangermouse and Count Duckula, were commissioned to create animated versions of the missing episodes of the Patrick Troughton story, The Invasion, for release on DVD. It was an extremely successful and popular experiment; for the first time in decades, fans were able to see this story in its entirety, and many a discussion ensued as to which incomplete story would be next.

However, Daniel Hall, commissioning editor for DVD publisher 2entertain, recently made an announcement on behalf of his company regarding the future of animated episodes of Doctor Who. Speaking on the Restoration Team's Technical Forum, he stated: "After due consideration and for the foreseeable future, we are withdrawing from co-commissioning and co-producing any "classic" Doctor Who animations. I feel our energies will be better spent working on existing stories. With the New Series such a success, and the forthcoming animations for Totally Doctor Who, the BBC is in a far superior position to develop this idea. After all, the original commission of The Invasion came from them."

This petition is to let fans voice their opinion on this matter. I know that many are disappointed and dissatisfied by this decision. One classic story completed by animated episodes every year to two years would be fantastic, and that is what we thought we were going to get. Please sign this petition to show your support for what was, is, and will always be, a brilliant idea.

You also have the option of suggesting a ‘classic’ story that you would like to see restored in the future should this decision be reversed, or an alternative route found.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

If you love Doctor Who like I do, please sign this petition! Some of you may think that internet petitions are useless but at least trying to help won't hurt. The petition can be found here.

Btw, this is not spam. I sincerely like this show as I remember watching old reruns as a child.

Archived