Visit to Bron yr Aur

Fylde

Somewhere recently I read in a newspaper, you are no longer allowed to

visit the cottage, a friend in Wales sent me a cutting, somewhere, apparently

a retired vicar has been doing to work to the cottage which he owns, and no

longer wants people to visit his private home.

I visited there a few years back it is quite something.

Somewhere recently I read in a newspaper, you are no longer allowed to

visit the cottage, a friend in Wales sent me a cutting, somewhere, apparently

a retired vicar has been doing to work to the cottage which he owns, and no

longer wants people to visit his private home.

I visited there a few years back it is quite something.

Hiya..great to hear from you

Thanks...Yes, I'm aware a Vicar has brought it...and have seen the newspaper article...as it was in my local paper as I live locally, only about 25 miles away from the town near to Bron yr Aur...My aim was to respect his privacy...but just walk up to view the cottage from nearby...and take in the surrounding countryside ..the whole area is just stunning...as is the whole of mid wales ...you can see what gave them their inspiration...shame it wasn't turned into some kinda retreat / museum ..ah well!

Fylde

Hiya..great to hear from you

Thanks...Yes, I'm aware a Vicar has brought it...and have seen the newspaper article...as it was in my local paper as I live locally, only about 25 miles away from the town near to Bron yr Aur...My aim was to respect his privacy...but just walk up to view the cottage from nearby...and take in the surrounding countryside ..the whole area is just stunning...as is the whole of mid wales ...you can see what gave them their inspiration...shame it wasn't turned into some kinda retreat / museum ..ah well!

Fylde

Then there would be two, zeppelin properties close together. LOL

Robert has a welsh farm around that area,

because I respect his privacy I will not say where.

I was aware of the possibility from another friend...lof course, I agree, and would totally respect his privacy too....as a musician myself...as well as local....my interest in going to Bron yr Aur, is about...trying to get a feel from the place..of the inspiration and the poetry which they got from staying there....maybe a little might rub off on me too...how's life in Jersey...I went there on hols as a child...happy memories...any Zep fans there...other than your good self?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived