Hello From Chicago

Karlzbad

Hi,

I'm a 41 year old white guy from the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. So I was born in 1968 The only reason I point out that I'm white is because looking back now I think it explains why for all of my grade school and middle school years, Zeppelin was the only band I could consistently admit to liking for my whole early youth(I know, right?) I swear I listened to so much Zeppelin that I think I knew every lyric on every album until I was 30, and that's having pretty much stopped listening to them for a few years at some point just because of the obscene over playing I had subjected myself to. You know we didn't have any internet back then lol, so if you didn't hear something on one of the 2 or 3 rock stations on FM radio, well it just seems like you might not find out about a good band until they'd been making records for 5 years.

I must have worn out 3 or 4 LP copies of Led Zeppelin IV in 2 years on the weird little mono emerson record player with an integral handle that a 7 year old would have had in 1975 and then I upgraded to this cheesy record player stereo thing with speakers permanently hard wired to the turntable amp probably around 1978 and I was a real connosieur. I had zeppelin 8 tracks that I made my parents listen to in the late 70's in their car and early 80's (I remember my dad who used to complain about "acid rock", liked fool in the rain and all my love)and cassettes in the mid 80's when I finally had my own car through the early 90's. I remember in 2nd grade I thought black dog was as good as music was ever going to get, which I don't even really care for now, probably because that song more than any other did I play so much that most of my family and friends probably can't hear 3 notes from it even now without experiencing a Pavlovian reaction.

Anyway I'm sure none of this really means anything, just wanted to say hi.

Hi,

I'm a 41 year old white guy from the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. So I was born in 1968 The only reason I point out that I'm white is because looking back now I think it explains why for all of my grade school and middle school years, Zeppelin was the only band I could consistently admit to liking for my whole early youth(I know, right?) I swear I listened to so much Zeppelin that I think I knew every lyric on every album until I was 30, and that's having pretty much stopped listening to them for a few years at some point just because of the obscene over playing I had subjected myself to. You know we didn't have any internet back then lol, so if you didn't hear something on one of the 2 or 3 rock stations on FM radio, well it just seems like you might not find out about a good band until they'd been making records for 5 years.

I must have worn out 3 or 4 LP copies of Led Zeppelin IV in 2 years on the weird little mono emerson record player with an integral handle that a 7 year old would have had in 1975 and then I upgraded to this cheesy record player stereo thing with speakers permanently hard wired to the turntable amp probably around 1978 and I was a real connosieur. I had zeppelin 8 tracks that I made my parents listen to in the late 70's in their car and early 80's (I remember my dad who used to complain about "acid rock", liked fool in the rain and all my love)and cassettes in the mid 80's when I finally had my own car through the early 90's. I remember in 2nd grade I thought black dog was as good as music was ever going to get, which I don't even really care for now, probably because that song more than any other did I play so much that most of my family and friends probably can't hear 3 notes from it even now without experiencing a Pavlovian reaction.

Anyway I'm sure none of this really means anything, just wanted to say hi.

LOL- I also wore out a few albums in the 70's. My Mom also had to listen to them as I hardly played anything else. I never get tired of any of their music no matter how many times I listen to it!

Welcome to the forum:-)

Archived