Lead Can (or: Led Kan)

ZPN

This may sound weird, but I've wondered what a hybrid band of Zep/Kansas would sound like (I LOVE the Point Of Know Return album, and Leftoverture): Jimmy, Robert, Jonesy, Phil Ehart on drums and Steve Walsh on organ/backing vocs. I don't know anything about Walsh's personality/ego: I don't know if he'd be willing to relegate lead vocs to Plant. But you can't have Plant in a band and not have him sing lead! I think it would be interesting in terms of virtuosity & songwriting (both bands were drawn to epic themes). OR: it might be so heavy and dense it would

CRASH and suck-I don't know! They could do all new material, but the sound/concept might be too backward-looking to appeal to Plant.

I saw Kansas in concert in high school. I don't remember anything about the concert. Not because I was high or drunk (neither), I just have a crappy memory. I don't remember anything about high school except for a very vague outline. For some reason I stopped listening to them after high school. I bought those 2 albums on cd maybe 2 years ago or so, and can't figure out why I stopped listening to them! But I was listening to mostly classical/jazz in college.

Anybody else like KANSAS?

Kansas was one of my favorite groups years ago, too. I hadn't thought about them much, until they came around for a free concert at a local park, 2 years ago. I think they had 3 original members, and sounded great! Their original guitarist doesn't lack for anything, and the new bassist had alot of punch. Finding more than just snippets of similarity between their music and Zep's would be a stretch, though.

Kansas was one of my favorite groups years ago, too. I hadn't thought about them much, until they came around for a free concert at a local park, 2 years ago. I think they had 3 original members, and sounded great! Their original guitarist doesn't lack for anything, and the new bassist had alot of punch. Finding more than just snippets of similarity between their music and Zep's would be a stretch, though.

What are your favorite Kansas songs? When you saw them 2 years ago was Steve Walsh in the group or did they have a new singer (I know Kerry Livgren hasn't been with them for a while)?

I love Miracles Out Of Nowhere, The Wall, and almost every song on Point of Know Return.

What are your favorite Kansas songs? When you saw them 2 years ago was Steve Walsh in the group or did they have a new singer (I know Kerry Livgren hasn't been with them for a while)?

I love Miracles Out Of Nowhere, The Wall, and almost every song on Point of Know Return.

Yeah - "Miracles Out of Nowhere" is my favorite, along with with "Portrait". They played excellent versions of both, along with the more well known ones, toward the end. Walsh was with them, along with Erhart and Rich Williams. The violin player was announced as very new, but did a decent job. Like I said, the bass and guitar work were a pleasant suprise.

Archived