TSRTS: New DVD vs Old DVD

Jonesy

Clearly, we have the best way to view the movie in my opinion now. The sound is better and it seems the picture is as well. Has it been confirmed the video was cleaned up? You don't read much about that at all, just sound.

A few weird notes:

The titles and menu footage is really cool. There some cool footage of the band I'd never seen when you flip between the scene selections for the songs.

The opening menu scene, when the its supposed to be times square and the cars are driving by really fast, you can see that the cars are newer, todays model cars. Sort of strange to me, but a very nice menu none the less.

I was very excited to see OTHAFA. There is some cool footage and a great completly overhead shot of the band. Was this angle ever used in the movie or an I completly spacing out. The one thing I wasn't too fond of in this song was the editing. It seems they didn't have enough footage because it jumps around way too much and doesn't follow the same editing style of the movie. You can almost tell (I certainly could be wrong) the footage doesn't come from the song, it could come from anywhere... sort of generic, fast moving footage. Still, its better than never seeing it.

The last weird thing I noticed was the four pictures of the band on the back of the case.... They're the same pictures used in the old DVD case inside... Not a big deal, I just found it funny that you revise and entire set and still use the same four images.... I'm a graphic designer so I notice this stuff.

Clearly, we have the best way to view the movie in my opinion now. The sound is better and it seems the picture is as well. Has it been confirmed the video was cleaned up? You don't read much about that at all, just sound.

A few weird notes:

The titles and menu footage is really cool. There some cool footage of the band I'd never seen when you flip between the scene selections for the songs.

The opening menu scene, when the its supposed to be times square and the cars are driving by really fast, you can see that the cars are newer, todays model cars. Sort of strange to me, but a very nice menu none the less.

I was very excited to see OTHAFA. There is some cool footage and a great completly overhead shot of the band. Was this angle ever used in the movie or an I completly spacing out. The one thing I wasn't too fond of in this song was the editing. It seems they didn't have enough footage because it jumps around way too much and doesn't follow the same editing style of the movie. You can almost tell (I certainly could be wrong) the footage doesn't come from the song, it could come from anywhere... sort of generic, fast moving footage. Still, its better than never seeing it.

The last weird thing I noticed was the four pictures of the band on the back of the case.... They're the same pictures used in the old DVD case inside... Not a big deal, I just found it funny that you revise and entire set and still use the same four images.... I'm a graphic designer so I notice this stuff.

I have four different versions of this;

VHS; 1984 Oversized white plastic case, 1987 paper case. DVD 2000, and the latest one. Running time of the 1984 VHS is 138 minutes. With all of the "extra's" I wonder how the latest release runs 1 minute less at 137 Min.

I have four different versions of this;

VHS; 1984 Oversized white plastic case, 1987 paper case. DVD 2000, and the latest one. Running time of the 1984 VHS is 138 minutes. With all of the "extra's" I wonder how the latest release runs 1 minute less at 137 Min.

I bet the 137 doesn't include the extras. (but wheres the extra minute?)

I gave away my old zeppelin stuff, not thinking to save it all. Oh well.

Has the video been cleaned up since the last DVD? New transfer from the master tapes?

I bet the 137 doesn't include the extras. (but wheres the extra minute?)

I gave away my old zeppelin stuff, not thinking to save it all. Oh well.

Has the video been cleaned up since the last DVD? New transfer from the master tapes?

The VHS tape had no extras. The new DVD has songs "never before" included and extra's. I can only assume No Quarter, Dazed and Confused, and some others were gutted to make room without a major difference in the length. I have not had the time to compare the two yet.

The VHS tape had no extras. The new DVD has songs "never before" included and extra's. I can only assume No Quarter, Dazed and Confused, and some others were gutted to make room without a major difference in the length. I have not had the time to compare the two yet.

There were songs added, but not to the actual movie. From what JP has said, diue to legal reasons, they couldn't change the movie at all. If they could, they would have cleaned up some of those miserable edits.

Archived