The Doors Poetry Contest

yourbiggestfan16

hey! since we all live Classic rock, I thought I'd pass on this sweet Poetry contest created by The Doors camp:

In celebration of Jim Morrison's birthday on December 8,thedoors dot com announced that the Doors Message Board will beconducting a Poetry Contest on their Forum!!!

All Board Members are welcome to submit one poem for the contest (it's super easy and FREE to register - I just did it).

How to submit? How to vote? There will bea thread in the off topic Poetry section for submissions. Post yoursubmission in this thread. Do not place any votes yet; a new threadwill be opened for this purpose after the submission deadline.

MARK THESE DATES DOWN IN YOUR CALENDAR:

November 17: Closing date for submissions. Board members will then have two weeks to vote for the 3 finalists.

December 1: Three finalists announced (the three poems with the most votes).

Admin/Mods will decide on the final winner, who will be announced on Tues, December 8, Jim Morrison's birthday.

Thanks to The Doors Management, the winner of the contest will win a FELT FORUM BOX SET!

We look forward to reading your submissions!

I'm entering....are you?

Did you have a problem getting on the website?

My husband (huge Doors fan) would love to enter this contest to win the box set however for some reason every time we try to access the website it goes to the Doors Mobile Website, which doesn't have any kind of info about the contest. It says something about using your PC's browser, which for us is Internet Explorer, do you know if there's a problem accessing it w/ IE or do you need something else like Mozilla Firefox?

Archived