What amp?

page-fan-1

I was wondering what would be the best page amp i'am looking for the tone in the film "Led Zeppelin live at royal albert hall 1970" I play a les paul and what would be the best amp? A Marshall JTM 45, A Marshall 1959 SLP, or maybe a Reeves Custom Jimmy 50. I read somewhere that Page used hiwatts in 1970-71 tours. this reeves amp is supposed to be an exact replica of his main hiwatt amp he used.

Well i checked out some clips of that Reeves amp you mentioned and it doesnt sound as zep like as i feel it should have done.

It has a sort of compressed almost 80s sounding gain to it, and i feel you'd do a lot better with a marshall.

Although do feel free to check out the clips on the reeves site or youtube, your ears are your best judge.

Best of luck,

Jono.

Well i checked out some clips of that Reeves amp you mentioned and it doesnt sound as zep like as i feel it should have done.

It has a sort of compressed almost 80s sounding gain to it, and i feel you'd do a lot better with a marshall.

Although do feel free to check out the clips on the reeves site or youtube, your ears are your best judge.

Best of luck,

Jono.

what marshall do you suggest?

I was wondering what would be the best page amp i'am looking for the tone in the film "Led Zeppelin live at royal albert hall 1970" I play a les paul and what would be the best amp? A Marshall JTM 45, A Marshall 1959 SLP, or maybe a Reeves Custom Jimmy 50. I read somewhere that Page used hiwatts in 1970-71 tours. this reeves amp is supposed to be an exact replica of his main hiwatt amp he used.

hiwatt100_02.jpg

Archived