The Hellacopters

Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

After going through 75 pages of discussions about a variety of music genres and artists, there is just one thread mentioning "The Hellacopters". I find that a real shame! They are a band which any fan of rock music in general can get into!! I decided to step in and give you guys a bit of a preview! They broke up in 2008 but they were IMHO, a force to be reckoned with!

I bought my first album just yesterday. It was "High Visibility". It is the best $11 I have spent in ages!!!

Cool! It's a great album, that's for sure. If you like that you will probably like the rest just as much. B)

Yep! I really do love it! And can't wait to get into the rest of the catalogue! B) And Swede, what was your first album and your fav album and what's your fav song? :D

Posting a few more so that the folks around here get more exposed ;)

This last track sort of reminds me of the NZ band "The D4".

Some info about the band *courtesty of itunes :

A Brief Biography

What the MC5 and Stooges were to the '60s, what Sonic's Rendezvous Band and Radio Birdman were to the '70s, and what the Celibate Rifles were to the '80s — that's what Sweden's Hellacopters were to the '90s. Young, strapping, and rocking out to almost cartoon-like proportions, the Hellacopters have made quite a name for themselves in Europe and Australia. And a deal with Sub Pop had them targeting the States. The rock — fast, extremely hard, and loud beyond reason — has gotten the band noticed by several of their seminal influences, such as Scott Morgan, who has performed with them many times as well as collaborated on a single for the aforementioned Sub Pop label, and also the Dictators, with whom they have done several European tours. Releases include 1998's Super S****y to the Max! and its 1999 follow-up, Grande Rock. The Hellacopters also teamed with Gluecifer for a 1999 split release, Respect the Rock America. White Trash Soul appeared in early 2001, followed by the European release of High Visibility. That record wouldn't see American soil for a whole year (while it was a major-label release at home, it appeared on the independent Gearhead imprint in the States), while they garnered awards in their home country. Universal opted to release the band's next full-length set, 2002's By the Grace of God, on both sides of the ocean, while fans who were having trouble keeping up with their many singles and compilation tracks got relief with two odds-and-sods compilations, Cream of the Crap! and Cream of the Crap!, Vol. 2. Despite being filled with old-fashioned rock & roll, the band's 2005 release was titled Rock & Roll Is Dead. ~ Geoff Ginsberg, Rovi

*Will be adding some stuff about each album too in a while!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I really don't have a specific favourite, they're all too good not to mention.. My first record was either Supershitty to the max or Payin' the dues. Can't really recall..

Yep! You got that right! B) To be honest, if someone asked me right now what my favourite song from "High Visibility" is, (eventhough its just about 48 hours since I bought it) I'll just blink and say I love all of them. True that I mentioned that it was "A Heart Without A Home" but it keeps changing every hour and some how I can't bring myself to decide on just one! :D All those songs are knock-outs! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Funny video by the 'Copters. This song was only released as a single.

Gosh! That song sounds really good! Thanks for posting! :D And looks like the 'Copters are preparing for a massive gig! They look so powerful on stage! B) How I envy those fans getting a chance to see those blokes live!! :( Anyway, thank goodness for CDs, vinyl, itunes downloads, etc! B)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87