Most Fantastic gig of my Life!

All

Promised this review to NightFlight after we exchanged opinons about my chances of getting to the gig with my borrowed passcodes!

Saw the greatest concert of my life (and I've seen a few)....my 15yo son summed it up when he said

"That was awesome....100 times better than Cream"

....lucky kid to go to both and just an opinion I guess, but nice to know that a bunch of 60yo guys can inspire another generation.

The concert started Fanfare for the common man and a few sound problems (soon tidied up). Highlights of the support were Paula Nutini (what a voice), Paul Rodgers (ditto) and Foreigner for a final sing-along to "I want to know what love is...."

Then (with respect to what had gone before)....the show began.

A major rock band in full flow is a rare and beautiful thing and Zep were (and are) a force of nature! I won't bore with details of the set, suffice to say it is printed elsewhere (NME website) and not much was missed out. A full 2 hours of exhilerating and powerful rock at it's VERY best. I cannot comment on whether the sound could have been improved (as mentioned elsewhere).......whatever, it sounded AMAZING! Plants' voice was spot on.

The crying shame is how long this has taken and that a whole generation of rock fans has until now missed out on experiencing something truly inspiring and unique.

Quite simply brilliant - bring on the tour!

Steve

Glad your 15 year-old got to experience it Steve! I was that age when my hopes for LA 1981 were dashed. I was so close! But alas it was not to be. I do hope they tour, even just a few shows (as long as they come to LA. Selfish? Yes, and shamelessly so!). I've seen Page with the Crowes and on the Outrider tour, and Plant multiple times, but I never got to see the kings of rock. Fingers crossed that this inspires them to push the boundaries, even just a little bit. I don't want much. I just wanna little bit!

Glad your 15 year-old got to experience it Steve! I was that age when my hopes for LA 1981 were dashed. I was so close! But alas it was not to be. I do hope they tour, even just a few shows (as long as they come to LA. Selfish? Yes, and shamelessly so!). I've seen Page with the Crowes and on the Outrider tour, and Plant multiple times, but I never got to see the kings of rock. Fingers crossed that this inspires them to push the boundaries, even just a little bit. I don't want much. I just wanna little bit!

Truly hope you get the chance....

I suspect they proved something to themselves last night and they wouldn't be human if they could stand on that stage and not be inspired by the effect they had on 20,000 people!

..of course I wouldn't mind going again myself!

Bring it on

Archived