Petition for Concert to be Broadcast

Hey, I know we probably have no chance. But that never stops people trying.

Please join the Facebook group at http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6573372841 and sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/ledzep2 to show your support. And if nothing else it gives us a chance to share videos/images taken by those who were lucky enough to attend prior to the DVD release.

I'm sorry to say it, but this will lead nowhere. Even if they agreed to a broadcast, it would have to be a material that's properly edited, mixed, etc. and THEREFORE ready to be released on DVD. Then why broadcast it. Chances are equal to zero.

Facebook group hasn't exactly taken off but people are signing the petition slowly but surely. Look I know the chances of this happening anytime soon are very very slim (being broadcast after the DVD release is more likely) but I started this on the off chance it maybe could pick up enough steam, as it were, to get noticed.. and if nothing else let them know we aren't happy with being kept out like this. Plus gives us a chance to share photos and videos etc in the meanwhile.. 'till we get the real thing!

I read a post on here earlier against the way fans have been treated with this.. basically shutting the amazing number of people who applied to attend but weren't lucky enough to (and everyone else) totally out of the gig. No television broadcast, very rare in itself these days for such a huge gig. And now all we actually have - the low quality mobile phone images are being removed from YouTube. Really doesn't say a lot for how much the band (and the label, etc) think of the fans.

Basically, from this whole thing I'm disappointed. I feel like something amazing has happened, but I'll never really know what. A DVD release in a few months time is not the same.. by that time the real excitement of being in the moment will have disappeared. So, yeah. Who cares if we can't really achieve anything with this, when I feel something's wrong I'm gonna fight to say that regardless.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

I think there's a very good chance of an excerpt broadcast. In the UK on the night of the gig, there was a four-song compilation from the Madison Square Gardens shows. It was specially produced official product to showcase the boxed set.

Anyway just a little patience will pay off here. That DVD is coming and soon.

FLook I know the chances of this happening anytime soon are very very slim (being broadcast after the DVD release is more likely) but I started this on the off chance it maybe could pick up enough steam, as it were, to get noticed..

Archived