MIchael WInner's house (next door to Jimmy) up for sale...

sturie

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been posted....

There was a fascinating article on Michael Winner's house in the Daily Mail last saturday.

A very interesting read, not least as the house is next door to Jimmy's home, The Tower House, in Kensington/Holland Park, London. I've been lucky enough to stroll around that area on several occasions (hoping to bump into Jimmy...but alas!) and it really is a beautiful area. The actual park right by Jimmy's house...Holland Park....is absolutely beautiful with it's Japanese Garden, Orangery and coffee shop etc. Jimmy's own street is stuffed full of historic residences, almost every one having a blue plaque on it's wall to signify an historically important resident as having once lived there (ie, composer, poet, etc etc ), indeed it is described as "a bohemian enclave of artists and architects". It's nice to visit other places in London rather than the usual Oxford Street rubbish! Of course, being respectful to the residents is of paramount importance.

What really caught my eye is the quite unbelievable asking price for the property....£60 Million (sixty million pounds), around $90 million! It is therefore one of the most expensive houses on sale in the world today. Having seen Mr Winner's house several times from street-level, I am gob-smacked that it could command that sort of price. The front door it literally fifteen yards from the pavement, it's not hid away up a mile-long drive! I guess that's the London market for you though! It makes me wonder what Jimmy's own highly unusual and unique property would fetch, seeing that William Burger properties are as rare as rocking-horse sXXt!!!!! Having said that, Edward VII sat for a portrait in Michael Winner's property so it comes with a helluva history!

Also, there was an absolutely lovely paragraph on Jimmy within the article:

"We take in the balcony overlooking his half-acre garden, where Marlon Brando once confessed he hated acting and went to drama school only to meet girls. Over there is the fence where Michael chats to his beloved neighbour, Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page. 'Used to mainline heroin. Now doesn't even drink. Just bobs up and down the road with his shopping bags. Quiet as a mouse.' "

How nice to hear Jimmy referred to as 'beloved'....

Now, if only I can win the lottery and become Jimmy's neighbour, and accidentally-on-purpose bump into him as he's carrying one of those shopping bags.....Tesco or Asda I wonder lol !

Hi all,

There was a fascinating article on Michael Winner's house in the Daily Mail last saturday.

A very interesting read, not least as the house is next door to Jimmy's home, The Tower House, in Kensington/Holland Park, London. I've been lucky enough to stroll around that area on several occasions (hoping to bump into Jimmy...but alas!) and it really is a beautiful area. The actual park right by Jimmy's house...Holland Park....is absolutely beautiful with it's Japanese Garden, Orangery and coffee shop etc. Jimmy's own street is stuffed full of historic residences, almost every one having a blue plaque on it's wall to signify an historically important resident as having once lived there (ie, composer, poet, etc etc ), indeed it is described as "a bohemian enclave of artists and architects". It's nice to visit other places in London rather than the usual Oxford Street rubbish! Of course, being respectful to the residents is of paramount importance.

What really caught my eye is the quite unbelievable asking price for the property....£60 Million (sixty million pounds), around $90 million! It is therefore one of the most expensive houses on sale in the world today. Having seen Mr Winner's house several times from street-level, I am gob-smacked that it could command that sort of price. The front door it literally fifteen yards from the pavement, it's not hid away up a mile-long drive! I guess that's the London market for you though! It makes me wonder what Jimmy's own highly unusual and unique property would fetch, seeing that William Burger properties are as rare as rocking-horse sXXt!!!!! Having said that, Edward VII sat for a portrait in Michael Winner's property so it comes with a helluva history!

"We take in the balcony overlooking his half-acre garden, where Marlon Brando once confessed he hated acting and went to drama school only to meet girls. Over there is the fence where Michael chats to his beloved neighbour, Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page. 'Used to mainline heroin. Now doesn't even drink. Just bobs up and down the road with his shopping bags. Quiet as a mouse.' "

Now, if only I can win the lottery and become Jimmy's neighbour, and accidentally-on-purpose bump into him as he's carrying one of those shopping bags.....Tesco or Asda I wonder lol !

Hi all,

Hi Sturie,

I posted this topic on the Led Zep Trivia sub-forum on 26 August. You will find other members have replied there.:)

Archived