Bron-Y-Aur Stomp or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp?

yallah

I have one question my zeppelin fans and friends: Bron-Y-Aur Stomp or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp? I'm confused about this... because in back cover art for Led Zeppelin III, this song comes "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp". Bron-Yr-Aur is the instrumental track includes in Physical Graffiti. Sorry my poor english, I'm brazilian.

Hugs

Yallah

I don't understand the question. Are you asking which one we prefer?

No, no my question is about the name of this song, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, with "r" or without "r".

I've been to the cottage and if I remember correctly the stone out front said "Bron-Yr-Aur", I'll have to go through my pictures at some point. I think without the "r" was just a mistake.

Edit: to say that on the back of their DVD they've corrected it to Bron Yr Aur Stomp. Also now I know what i'm watching tonight!

Edited by april_lynn

The name of the song that originally appeared on Led Zeppelin III is "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp."

The name of the song on Physical Graffiti is "Bron-Yr-Aur."

The name of the actual place is "Bron-Yr-Aur." The omission of the "r" on the LZ III track title was an error. So technically, the How the West Was Won listing is a mistake, because that's not the proper spelling of the name of the song.

Regardless, it's a great song, and one they consistently performed well across the years ('71-'72; '75; and '77).

The name of the song that originally appeared on Led Zeppelin III is "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp."

The name of the song on Physical Graffiti is "Bron-Yr-Aur."

The name of the actual place is "Bron-Yr-Aur." The omission of the "r" on the LZ III track title was an error. So technically, the How the West Was Won listing is a mistake, because that's not the proper spelling of the name of the song.

Regardless, it's a great song, and one they consistently performed well across the years ('71-'72; '75; and '77).

Thank you very much for this clarification! I'm a fan perfectionist and I want to name this song in my entire collection with the right name.

Welsh lessons for beginners! As Aur begins with a vowel. the Y changes to Yr. It literally means Breast-Of-Gold, but more commonly Golden Breast. If you translate one word at a time, you would get Breast (Bron) Of (Y) Gold (Aur). Hence the confusion, but Bron-Yr-Aur is correct.