The Stone Roses - The end of the end?

chillumpuffer

Oh dear. It seems that the Loveable Mancs The stone Roses are back to their old ways. Only their 3rd show and it looks all over as Reni ( the drummer) walks out before the encores in Amsterdam and Ian Brown calling him a C**t. Ironically it some ways hey Brownie?

I was always a fan from the days but after that heady summer day at Spike Island it was never the same. Never has a first album of any band captured the vibes like they did and i have to say it still sounds great. Should have left it as it was boys, cos the vibe just isn't there anymore.

That's a shame, but not entirely unexpected.

Hope it's not terminal - I'd love to see them make another strong album, to make up for the patchy Second Coming. But that's probably asking for too much at this stage in the game.

Second coming was apparently recorded on the back of the band locked in a studio, downing copious amounts of drugs whilst banging out Led Zep Four. I know it took a dogs age to finish but maybe I should dig it out and listen to it again. To be honest the 3 big gigs in Town this month just don't interest me. I can go to any night as I know people who know people, but I will leave my memories of Spike Island as they are. Even though the twat can't sing that day in Widnes is etched on my memory for ever

Archived