Q107 Toronto voters, on Zep members

fishhead

This past weekend, radio station Q107, in Toronto/Canada, played the O2 cd all weekend and asked listeners to vote on this question from Fri-Sun...."If you were starting a band, and you could have one Zep member to join you, which fella would you choose?".....The votes came in and ended in this manner...

1st choice-Jimmy Page

2nd choice-Robert Plant

3rd choice-John Bonham

4th choice-John Paul Jones

My 1st choice would be John Paul Jones-his importance to the band is monumental but under rated IMHO......If I was starting a band I would love to have his Bass, Keyboards, Mandolin, Acoustic Guitar, Muscial knowledge-composing, writing etc etc as a part of what ever type of band I was in.

What about you, and why?

I'd be out of my league immediately once I picked any of the four members, and would probably be only allowed to fetch coffee or pick up dry cleaning before I was completely thrown out of my own band. I'd pick Jonesy though. He'd probably be the nicest about it with his quiet, dry sense of humor and at least tell me in person I was out. Bonzo, I can imagine punching me in the face within 15 minutes. Jimmy would destroy my self esteem by having Ross tell me I'm out while laughing hysterically, and Robert would probably replace me with one of the Egyptians who would yell at me in a foreign tongue for taking his parking spot.

I'd be out of my league immediately once I picked any of the four members, and would probably be only allowed to fetch coffee or pick up dry cleaning before I was completely thrown out of my own band. I'd pick Jonesy though. He'd probably be the nicest about it with his quiet, dry sense of humor and at least tell me in person I was out. Bonzo, I can imagine punching me in the face within 15 minutes. Jimmy would destroy my self esteem by having Ross tell me I'm out while laughing hysterically, and Robert would probably replace me with one of the Egyptians who would yell at me in a foreign tongue for taking his parking spot.

very funny!...thanks for the laugh this morning zooma....cheers, Rich

Archived