For the record, 70 year old musicians can definitely still rock out..

I saw McCartney play last night in Orlando. 2:45 show, all high energy. Great performance. Whether it be separate or together, as long as they stay healthy, Robert, Jimmy & John all have a lot more they can still do on the road. Here's hoping... in any manner they see fit.

I saw McCartney play last night in Orlando. 2:45 show, all high energy. Great performance. Whether it be separate or together, as long as they stay healthy, Robert, Jimmy & John all have a lot more they can still do on the road. Here's hoping... in any manner they see fit.

Did he sing as well? Some reviewers have complained about his voice/singing at recent concerts? I'm guessing his bass playing is probably more consistent than his singing nowadays. Mind you, the man is a legend and I wouldn't pass up a chance to see him perform live; even knowing that his voice is showing wear and tear.

Of course they could. However, I'm not sure there's a comparison between singing "Band on the Run" and doing the Heartbreaker solo on the guitar...not that I wouldn't like to see Paul McCartney in concert, just sayin'.

That's a fair point.. but he certainly spends a lot of energy as the focal point for a 2:45 show, and even takes a few runs at lead guitar on tracks like Helter Skelter and the Abbey Road medley... I'm not greedy... just want Jimmy up there front and center, that's all :)

Archived