New Humble Pie RTF release

mickey g

I'll say this- I like Humble Pie a lot. RTF is probably one of the best live albums ever. But, I read somewhere that it's several shows with pretty much all the same set list. I cant' see buying this. I did buy the Doors 6 CD set "Live in New York". It's great, but it's 4 different shows with mostly the same setlists. They should have made it just 2 or 3 discs. Really, why do I have to listen to 4 of the same versions of "Roadhouse Blues"? Great song, but each version on that CD is pretty much the same.

Yeah, it's the same set 4X, but I read that Frampton said there's different jams on some songs, Gilded Splinters isn't cut & edited as it is on RTF, then there's Steve Marriott's "Plantations" & interaction with the crowd.....True, that it's not for everyone, however I saw them four times during this tour & every show was just nothing short of amazing. They could have included Money (That's What I Want) as they did for one of the encores.

• 2 months later...

Well, I got my box set in the mail yesterday. Since my pre-amp is in the shop, I popped Disc 1 into my laptop & used earphones. The sound was amazing. At the risk of sounding lame-o, when I closed my eyes, it was like I was back in the Fillmore watching them, that's how good the recording is. After listening to all four discs, the only downside is that the best versions of the songs from all four shows are on the original release. However, I was impressed with the remastering !

Archived