Re-creating The Song Remains The Same (My "Orange Sunset Mix")

Now having unreleased songs at our disposal via the 2007 The Song Remains The Same remaster, and using tracks from "How The West Was Won", make a double lp that highlights your favorites from Zeppelin's officially released 1973 live shows.

I purposely decided to narrow it down to just a double because it forces you to truly pick the elite of the elite.

For my double, I wanted to see if I could come up with a live album that, for a change of pace, doesn't include Stairway To Heaven or Dazed And Confused. Here is what I came up with...

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME - The Orange Sunset Mix

SIDE ONE

Rock And Roll (Orange Sunset Mix)*

Black Dog (Orange Sunset Mix)*

Since I've Been Loving You (2007 The Song Remains The Same Remaster)

The Ocean (How The West Was Won)

SIDE TWO

Going To California (How The West Was Won)

The Song Remains The Same (Orange Sunset Mix)*

The Rain Song (Orange Sunset Mix)*

SIDE THREE

Over The Hills And Far Away (Orange Sunset Mix)*

Moby Dick (Orange Sunset Mix)*

SIDE FOUR

Heartbreaker (2007 The Song Remains The Same Remaster)

Whole Lotta Love (Orange Sunset Mix)*

* The Orange Sunset Mixes are custom-edited versions I made that piece together the best passages from either the original 1976 The Song Remains The Same, the 2007 Remaster or How The West Was Won. The term orange sunset is a nod to the orange cover for Houses of the Holy, which was the album the band was touring on during these 1973 performances.

Well we don't really know what you did and dealing with original Zep material and making live albums is perhaps best left to Jimmy!

We don't want to get something like this:

I wasn't really looking to do away with Jimmy's official versions of these classic live albums. Just curious if anyone else has fun making their own. I could give the precise details of where the cuts and changes occur on my "Orange Sunset Mixes" but, then again, I just did the edits for my own personal enjoyment. I don't know if anyone else would enjoy it.

Thanks! No, I wasn't offended at all. I'll try and gather up the original notes I made when I was making the edits and post them sometime.

Cool! Thanks!

I might edit something the same way you did, if I like it enough!

I always wanted to make an edited studio All my love, with the final solo, but also

with the solos in the middle, because in the outtake, you got the ending, but not the solos in the middle, so I would have to make a combination!!

Archived