Vanilla Fudge has new album coming out

jimmie ray

Looking forward to getting this new release by a very old band. Vanilla Fudge has always been known for heavy, psychedelic covers of popular songs. I saw them live a few years ago, and enjoyed it immensely. I believe the relatively unknown Led Zep opened for them many years ago, when they first toured the U.S...

Vanilla Fudge: Spirit of 67

1 I Heard It Through The Grapevine
2. The Letter
3. I Can See For Miles
4. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
5. The Tracks Of My Tears
6. I m A Believer
7. Gimme Some Lovin
8. For What It s Worth
9. Ruby Tuesday
10. Whiter Shade Of Pale
11. Let s Pray For Peace

What do you all think?

Looking forward to getting this new release by a very old band. Vanilla Fudge has always been known for heavy, psychedelic covers of popular songs. I saw them live a few years ago, and enjoyed it immensely. I believe the relatively unknown Led Zep opened for them many years ago, when they first toured the U.S...

Vanilla Fudge: Spirit of 67

1 I Heard It Through The Grapevine

2. The Letter

3. I Can See For Miles

4. Break On Through (To The Other Side)

5. The Tracks Of My Tears

6. I m A Believer

7. Gimme Some Lovin

8. For What It s Worth

9. Ruby Tuesday

10. Whiter Shade Of Pale

11. Let s Pray For Peace

What do you all think?

Did they perform any original songs?

Did they perform any original songs?

All but the last of these songs are from 1967. This is not a Live album from a Vanilla Fudge concert back in that year, it's a studio album put together very recently. I happen to enjoy groups that do covers, but realize it's not for everyone's taste.

Carmine Appice is a well known drummer - I believe he also worked with Rod Stewart, and wrote songs such as "People Get Ready" and "If You Think I'm Sexy" (should be a favorite of anyone named Disco Duck?)

When I saw this group a few years ago, they still had 3 of 4 original members, and the new bassist was rather good. They covered "Ticket to Ride" and Zep's "Rock and Roll".

^Kind of ambitious to try to cover a whole album of Zep songs, and obviously not all covers work for anyone. Keep in mind that they're not trying to duplicate anyone's sound. I've had a laugh at some of the Dread Zeppelin videos posted here, enjoyed "Immigrant Song" by them. I consider Vanilla Fudge to be good musicians, though.

• 5 years later...