Help With Vinyl to CD Conversion

zephead

I did a search and didn't find this topic so here goes. Can someone suggest a good USB turntable in the $100 to $200 range? I saw the "Numark ttUSB Turntable" for about $150. Here's a description.....

"Featuring Plug and Play USB compatibility with both PC and Macintosh computers, the TTUSB turntable makes digitizing one's vinyl record collection a breeze. Equipped with an adjustable anti-skating control for increased stereo balance, support for 33.33 and 45 RPM playback speeds, +/- 10% adjustable pitch control, and a 1/8-inch stereo minijack input connector to facilitate the transfer of cassette tapes, Numark's TTUSB is the perfect tool for digitally archiving one's record collection. Combined with Audacity's software (PC and Mac compatible) for removing clicks and other noises, the TTUSB is an easy-to-use, comprehensive solution to the challenge of transferring one's record collection to a computer or portable music player."

Is this a descent unit? Does the stylus matter the most? I assume you can use a standard stylus with these USB turntables.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Zep Rules

Mark

Sorry to the forum master for putting this in the "Live" forum by mistake...my apologies!

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think it all comes down to the needle. I am going to look for a player that I can remove the stock needle and install a high quality one if the stock needle doesn't perform well.

Archived