Media America Presents Led Zeppelin' Autumn 1990 4 CD

ediblehorse

It's not a bootleg, it's a legitimate radio program that was nationally syndicated in the US. This was released and aired in Autumn 1990 to coincide with the release of the Led Zeppelin boxed set, and features music tracks from it interspersed with interview clips with Page, Plant and Jones (all three as I recall). Radio stations at the time were embracing the cd format and these would have been mailed directly to them for air play. I purchased mine in August 1992 for $150.00 from The Old Hippie, an established, reputable merchant who ran ads in Goldmine (a monthly record collector's publication). Nowadays I think you'd be hard pressed to find a buyer at $50.00 because the buzz over the compact disc format has long since faded and there is a glut of these type of radio & interview format radio programs in the market. Sometimes you'll find a motivated buyer who wants something like this because it reminds of them of where they were at in life when they first heard it but most people could'nt care less and are satisfied with an mp3 copy of the content.   

Edited by SteveAJones

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's not a bootleg, it's a legitimate radio program that was nationally syndicated in the US. This was released and aired in Autumn 1990 to coincide with the release of the Led Zeppelin boxed set, and features music tracks from it interspersed with interview clips with Page, Plant and Jones (all three as I recall). Radio stations at the time were embracing the cd format and these would have been mailed directly to them for air play. I purchased mine in August 1992 for $150.00 from The Old Hippie, an established, reputable merchant who ran ads in Goldmine (a monthly record collector's publication). Nowadays I think you'd be hard pressed to find a buyer at $50.00 because the buzz over the compact disc format has long since faded and there is a glut of these type of radio & interview format radio programs in the market. Sometimes you'll find a motivated buyer who wants something like this because it reminds of them of where they were at in life when they first heard it but most people could'nt care less and are satisfied with an mp3 copy of the content.   

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it. Do you happen to have a cue sheet in yours?

If so, is it possible to get a copy?

Thanks

Ed

11 hours ago, ediblehorse said:

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it. Do you happen to have a cue sheet in yours?

If so, is it possible to get a copy?

Thanks

Ed

I don't show I have a cue sheet on file, though presumably one was included when it was shipped to stations. Sometimes they can be found online. Neer Perfect Productions seems to still be a going concern so perhaps inquire with them at Dan Neer | Rock Radio Legend, Interviewer Extraordinaire, Voice Overs.

Edited by SteveAJones