• Administrators
18 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Great pics thanks for sharing,Sam!

I remember seeing the April 2nd gig at the Guvernment in Toronto. It was general admission and when they opened the doors most people headed to the bar to get drinks, but me and my friend headed right to the front of the stage and stayed there for the entire gig. It was a mind blowing night. I’m sure you were there too,Sam, along with our mutual friend Warren B…..who’s the biggest JPJ fan I know. What a night…only topped by seeing JPJ a few years later at Massey Hall and meeting him after the show in the back alley of Massey Hall. It was so great sharing time with him….he was such a gentleman to all of us. Cheers

The Guvernment show in 2000 was amazing and the last night of that tour. Great vibes. I remember there was a group of fans (including Warren) at the back of Massey Hall in 2001. He also did that at the Guvernment with a long line of fans.

Here's a few of my pics from the Guvernment show. 

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (9) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (15) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (19) -sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (22) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (7) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (29) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (23) - sam.jpg

2000 - Toronto - JPJ  (28) - sam.jpg

Yankees pitcher David Wells (a big Zep fan) had recently been traded to the Blue Jays at the time. I was chatting with him during the show and he asked if he could meet JPJ. I brought him backstage and took this photo: 

2000 - Toronto - JPJ - david wells - sam photo.jpg

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

The Guvernment show in 2000 was amazing and the last night of that tour. Great vibes. I remember there was a group of fans (including Warren) at the back of Massey Hall in 2001. He also did that at the Guvernment with a long line of fans.

Yankees pitcher David Wells (a big Zep fan) had recently been traded to the Blue Jays at the time. I was chatting with him during the show and he asked if he could meet JPJ. I brought him backstage and took this photo: 

Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing these pictures,Sam. Loved David Wells….great pitcher with a pretty tough rock n roll attitude.

I got a few pics with JPJ at the back of that 2001 Massey Hall gig…..along with a few pictures of his band members.However, the best moment is when Warren offered JPJ a book of some famous Mandolin player, and JPJ who’d been signing all sorts of items for fans asked Warren if he’d sign the book to him! So Warren in sharpie signed “To John Paul Jones all the best from Warren!” It was such a cool moment that I’ll never forget. What a great night that was meeting our hero. Cheers

Edited by ohjimmy

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Wow I love all these pictures and stories. I wish I could meet JPJ, but I’m just glad I got to see him 3 times at Big Ears Festival this year and got his autograph online many years ago.