Scale of No Quarter

zepfriek

Hi Guys,

Maybe it's the wrong forum, but I am searching for the answer a long time. I play (try to) the guitar myself but can someone tell me in which guitarscale no quarter is written in ?

Or the name of the guitarscale for the solo ? Can't find it on the internet.

thanks

:(

Hi Guys,

Maybe it's the wrong forum, but I am searching for the answer a long time. I play (try to) the guitar myself but can someone tell me in which guitarscale no quarter is written in ?

Or the name of the guitarscale for the solo ? Can't find it on the internet.

thanks

:(

Well it looks to me to be C# natural (aeolian) minor ( the same notes Emajor E,F#G#A,B,C#D#, but you are using the C# as the root or home note for the C# tonality, start the Emajor scale from the C# and you get C#aeolian)) but the tonality is C#, I think the solo is vamped over a C# minor chords so try c minor pentatonic, blues, natural minor scales for starters !!

Hope this helps !!

Just wanted to check that you mean NQ from houses of the Holy and not NQ from unledded as i just realised this is in the solo threads ! :blink: I was answering to the Houses of the Holy version as I haven't checked the unledded version for a while !!

Let me know how you got on ?? If i am wrong then tell me, but to the best of my ability ithink its right !!

Isn't it Dorian, Leddy?

IIRC the major (not flat) sixth is used a fair bit in this solo.

You could be right !! I have nbeen in bed ill this last ten days so I might well of gaffed !! When up together i will look, but I take your word for it !! :)

Archived