Queen + Paul Rodgers to Tour and Release New Album...

johnroxx

With a new album in the pipeline — the first new studio album to carry the QUEEN name since the Freddie Mercury sessions — QUEEN is heading back on the road for a four-month tour, once again in the company of musician/singer/songwriter Paul Rodgers who joined the band for the highly successful 2005/2006 world tour, the European leg of which ended with the band's spectacular London Hyde Park open air concert before going on to play the U.S. and Japan.

In all, the band's tour was attended by more than a million people.

Together Brian May, Roger Taylor and Paul Rodgers have recorded their first album's worth of material, jointly written and produced. With the title yet to be disclosed, the album is being readied for release September 1, two weeks ahead of the start of the tour.

The QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS 28-date arena tour will take in 14 countries in just seven weeks, and take the band to Northern Eurasia, Central and Southern Europe, and the UK, and is expected to wind up at the end of the year with the band's highly anticipated return to South America, the setting of some of its most historic tours in the early '80s.

QUEEN's historic Latin America dates set new world records for the numbers of the audiences it attracted. At the 1985 Rock in Rio concert the band played to an unheard of audience of 300,000 and was watched on television by nearly 200 million people throughout the South American continent.

The 2008 tour kicks off mid-September in Russia with two dates at Moscow's SCO Olympic Arena, moves on into Poland for a massive free concert at the historic Gdansk Shipyard, and then follows a path through Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland and the Netherlands before arriving in the UK early October for 6 dates including London's 02 Arena on October 13.

The UK dates see the band additionally play Nottingham, Glasgow, Cardiff and Birmingham with a final UK date at Liverpool Arena on October 18 before continuing on to Spain, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republic and Austria for seven further dates.

Tracks on the new QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS album will include "Say It's Not True" (see video below), previously released at the end of last year by QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS as a special World Aids Day download for Nelson Mandela's 46664 HIV AIDS charity , plus a "first" for a QUEEN album — a cover version. The remaining tracks are all newly written by May, Taylor and Rodgers during the late 2007/early 2008 recording sessions.

One of these tracks, "C-lebrity", will receive a sneak preview when the band make a by-demand return to the UK's ITV "Al Murray's Happy Hour" for the final show on April 4.

QUEEN's last studio album was "Made In Heaven", released in November 1995 and containing the last recordings with Freddie. The LP became the band's biggest selling studio album, with world sales in excess of 20 million.

QUEEN's "Greatest Hits 1" album has achieved the distinction of being the UK's biggest selling album of all time, having sold a staggering 5,407,587 copies in Britain alone (source: VH1/The Official UK Charts Company. November 2006).

Paul Rodgers' voice is one of rock's platinum assets and as a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter as front man of FREE and BAD COMPANY and as a solo artist he has written, produced and recorded some of radios biggest hits.

Between them, QUEEN and Paul Rodgers have released more than 50 albums during their long careers and sold in excess of a staggering 300 million records.

Tickets for all UK dates will go on sale at venue box offices and usual ticket agents from Saturday April 5.

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS tour dates:

Sep. 16 - Moscow, Russia - SCO Olympic Arena

Sep. 17 - Moscow, Russia - SCO Olympic Arena

Sep. 20 - Gdansk, Poland - Shipyard

Sep. 21 - Berlin, Germany - Velodrom

Sep. 23 - Antwerp, Belgium - Sportspaleis

Sep. 24 - Paris, France - Bercy

Sep. 26 - Rome, Italy - Palalottomatica

Sep. 28 - Verona, Italy - Arena

Sep. 29 - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion

Oct. 01 - Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle

Oct. 02 - Mannheim, Germany - SAP Arena

Oct. 04 - Hannover, Germany - TUI Arena

Oct. 05 - Hamburg, Germany - Color Line Arena

Oct. 07 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy

Oct. 10 - Nottingham, England - Arena

Oct. 11 - Glasgow, Scotland - SE&CC

Oct. 13 - London, England - 02

Oct. 14 - Cardiff, England - Arena

Oct. 16 - Birmingham, England - NIA

Oct. 18 - Liverpool, England - Arena

Oct. 22 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi

Oct. 24 - Murcia, Spain - Estadio Municipal

Oct. 25 - Madrid, Spain - Palacio de Deportes

Oct. 28 - Budapest, Hungary - Sportarena

Oct. 29 - Belgrade, Serbia - Arena

Oct. 31 - Prague, Czech Republic - 02 Arena

Nov. 01 - Vienna, Austria - Stadthalle

QUEEN82BILOXI.jpg

Queen Rocks I can't wait .Hope they come back to America soon.

QUEEN77ATLANTA.jpg

Have not had a chance to see the Paul Rogers version .I have seen him solo and with the Firm and quite a few times with Bad Co in the 70's.But i did watch the DVD and it looked like it would be a great show.I really did not think that Paul would sound right for Queen .But as usual He was Awesome and did a bang up job.

QUEEN82BILOXI.jpg

Queen Rocks I can't wait .Hope they come back to America soon.

QUEEN77ATLANTA.jpg

Have not had a chance to see the Paul Rogers version .I have seen him solo and with the Firm and quite a few times with Bad Co in the 70's.But i did watch the DVD and it looked like it would be a great show.I really did not think that Paul would sound right for Queen .But as usual He was Awesome and did a bang up job.

This post didn't surprise me.

SIMONKIRKEMICKRALPHSBADCO77.jpg

I know this is not Queen or Paul Rodgers but I thought you might like to see the rest of the pictures from the Baton Rouge show that i have stashed on Photobucket.

Above Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke below Mick Ralphs 77 Baton Rouge LA

MICKRALPHSBADCO77BATONROUGE-1.jpg

Below The Outlaws 77 Baton Rouge

OUTLAWS77BATONROUGE-1.jpg

Archived