Predatorial Idiots

Lake of Shadows

I read this yesterday in the paper.

There are some people I just don't get.

At least this guy should know how the system works when he gets locked up.

Link -> Officer captures officer as'lilly rose'

By NIKI DOYLETimes Staff Writer niki.doyle@htimes.com

'Jim Secret' was to meet14-year-old girl for sex

"Jim Secret" knew he could end up in jail if police knew he was planning to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex.

Little did he know the 55-year-old man - who police now believe is a Madison County corrections officer - was chatting online with an undercover officer posing as a 14-year-old with the Web name "lilly rose."

lilly rose: ru still comin to c me sun

lilly rose: i hope so

Jim Secret: maybe, but am afraid

lilly rose: why

Jim Secret: because I can go to jail if someone found out

An undercover Foley investigator started chatting online a week ago with "Jim Secret," a man later identified as James Norbert Stracke, a corrections corporal at the Madison County metro jail.

Stracke was arrested Monday at a Starbucks coffee shop at Foley's Tanger Outlet Mall, where he thought he was meeting "lilly rose," according to court documents.

Stracke, a Meridianville resident and sheriff's department employee of 15 years, was charged with soliciting a minor for a sex act and attempting to transport obscene materials to a minor.

He was released from federal custody Wednesday on the condition that he remain under house arrest, avoid using the Internet and refrain from visiting children without supervision, a U.S. Attorney's Office spokesman said.

A federal affidavit written by Cpl. Eric Lee Waldrep, an investigator trained in computer crimes and sexual exploitation of children, includes excerpts of chat room conversations between "lilly rose" and "Jim Secret."

Seconds into the conversation, the undercover agent says he is a 14-year-old girl. About 30 minutes later, "Jim Secret" broaches the topic of sex:

Jim Secret: you sound very mature

lilly rose: thank u

Jim Secret: are you a virgin?

lilly rose: no

lilly rose: kinda

The officer posing as "lilly rose" then described a sexual encounter with an age-appropriate boyfriend at Jim Secret's request, the affidavit said.

When agents with the U.S. Attorney's Office, the U.S. Marshals and the Foley Police Department arrived at the meeting location at 9 a.m. Monday, they found Stracke waiting in his Dodge Caravan in the parking lot, the affidavit said.

Waldrep said in the affidavit that investigators found the picture "Jim Secret" posted on his Yahoo! Messenger profile in Stracke's wallet.

Webcam video of "Jim Secret," including footage of the man exposing himself, and Stracke's driver's license photo also matched, the affidavit said.

Court documents show that Stracke invoked his Miranda rights and refused to be interviewed after his arrest. He will appear before a grand jury next month, U.S. Attorney's Office spokesman Tommy Loftis said.

If convicted, Stracke faces a $250,000 fine for each charge and prison terms of up to 20 years for the solicitation charge and 10 years for the transportation of obscene materials charge.

The arrest is part of a sting conducted by the Project Safe Childhood Task Force, a program of the U.S. Attorney's Office, Loftis said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The arrest is part of a sting conducted by the Project Safe Childhood Task Force, a program of the U.S. Attorney's Office, Loftis said.

Hmm, I wonder if they include message boards? :huh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, I wonder if they include message boards? :huh:

With out a doubt! B)

Archived