Rod Stewart at the PNC in Holmdel, NJ 8/20/08

Wolfman

Well the Wolfman has ended his summer tour of concerts with a very enjoyable show with Rod Stewart at the PNC. He was really into this one and his band was fantastic. Two great guitarists, a sexy saxophone player (tall blond girl), three hot backup singers (three gorgeous black ladies with amazing voices to boot), another hottie on acoustic and mandolin, plus a sick rhythm section of a bassist, keyboardist, and drummer (who showed off their talents more then once). He seemed to really play off the crowd and invited a lady on stage who had seen him over a hundred times. Rod also liked to kick soccer balls into the crowd. It helped that I was right up front for this show. Lots of fun and a great setlist( this is from another show so the order is mixed up ):

Some Guys Have All the Luck/It’s a Heartache / Forever Young / The First Cut Is the Deepest / Having a Party / You Wear It Well / Rhythm of My Heart / This Old Heart of Mine / Downtown Train / Tonight’s the Night / You’re in My Heart / Broadway / Have You Ever Seen the Rain / Love Shack (Rod not on stage; backup singers and keyboard player handle vocals) / Have I Told You Lately / Hot Legs / Young Turks / Maggie May

Encore: Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?

P.S. I hope the Faces tour rumors are true!

Archived