newbee-1st post

zkman2002

hi all! new to this forum, but a long time zep fan. saw the boys in the 70s, and various solo tours. wanted to share of all things some yard sale finds over the past weekend. first off my g/f found a technics sl-220 turntable for 5 dollars that the lady swore worked fine---WRONG, lol when i got it home no stylus, and the drive belt was broke, no biggie though, parts are on the way. now to the good stuff, houses of the holy lp cover ok, vinyl in great shape-.75 cents, next stop, remastered box set, 4 cassettes in box with booklet asked 5.00 bought for 2.50, next stop, cassettes galore, picked up first, second, zoso, and phyiscal plus coverdale-page, .25 apiece. by now im starting to wonder are the gods of rock and roll smiling on me? the answer YES, YES, YES!~several stops later(by now ive really got my eys open) i notice about 20 albums in a rack, sift through find zoso in pristine shape plus various other 70s rock classics, lady asked 10.00. i agree but then she says we have a whole bunch more inside would you like to look at them? does a bear shit in the woods?? so i go in and she has about 150 albums all in pristine shape, maybe played once or twice. as im sifting through them i struck gold!ZEP GOLD THE ENTIRE CATALOG! by this time its please god dont let me fart, drool, or do anything stupid to freak this lady out before i grab the motherload. she asks 50.00 for all, i offer 40.00 as i already have all these, just not nearly in this condition. now im like what just came out of your mouth?? give her the damn money man, do it now! so i say ok 50.00 if you throw in the racks that hold the records. she agrees. bingo! i score, my g/f starts giving me the strange eye as i come out of the ladys house with load after load of vintage lp,s. as of this post ive started building a wall mount with frame, thoses zeppelin lp,s are going under glass, i have at least 1500 lps, but none in this condition. so after years of saturday morning mind numbing yard sale boredom, i finally hit the jack pot.

welcome aboard the mothership

:D

p.s. 1500 albums, you mean led zeppelin only or various? (I'm on the LZ only side :) )

thanks for the welcome guys, the 1500 are various 50s,60s,and 70s, vinyl, after that the music went downhill in my opinion. about 50 of them are zep records.

Archived