Moving a humbucker into a strat copy

LedZeppe75

Ok, so i just got a les paul a few months ago, and i have 2 other guitars, a first act & a s101 strat copy. I was wondering if it was possible to take the humbucker out of the first act and the single coil out of the bridge position out of the s101, and put the humbucker in the s101. if so, how would i connect/disconnect the wires to make it work?

-Thanks very much to anyone who helps me

• 3 weeks later...

Since you've gone a couple of weeks with no reply ....

----- if so, how would i connect/disconnect the wires to make it work? ---

With a soldering gun! (OK ... half kidding).

If you look inside your Strat, what one typically will see is:

-- Two wires from each pickup, one soldered to the volume control and the other to a switch. This in particular if single coils.

-- OR Four wires from each pickup, two of them soldered or taped together, one soldered to the volume control and the other to a switch. Or all four soldered to something.

Anyway, one basic procedure -- if you have no schematic -- is to put it back together the way you found it.

Is the First Act pickup the exact same size as the Strat pickup? If not, that means cutting plastic, cutting wood. I wouldn't do it. And has the First Act active pickups? Does the guitar use a battery? If the First Act does and the Strat doesn't, there's another reason not to switch them.

If you have the money, you might wanna try what would be my first choice: Buy a Seymour Duncan bridge hotrail. If your Strat uses the same dimensions as a Fender, it will drop right in. And they give you a little wiring brochure.

Archived