best turntable for a reasonable price

justanotherbum

I'm looking for the best turntable that I can get for a reasonable price. I would need one with pitch control. I have/had a really nice turntable with pitch control, the Technics SLBD - 1. I think I paid around a $100 for it many years ago and never had any problems with it until a friend of mine spilled a beer on it and fried the electronics. I've thought about having him pay for repairs which he has offered to do but what could that possibly cost? An option would be to buy a new one but nearly $300 in most cases for a quality turntable with pitch control is just too much. The reason I need the pitch control is some boots of mine are not at the right speed. A simple pitch adjustment makes them sound perfect. Any suggestions on a brand?

I'd take a look at eBay - I've had really good luck; although I only bought one turntable from eBay. It is rather nice & was affordable - I don't think I paid more than $200 USD for it. Its a Harman Kardon T25 - I forget the cartridge that's on it but give HK's on eBay a look. You may be able to get a pretty good deal on one. Good Luck

You might be surprised at how cheap fixing your turntable could be.! Personally, if there's a vintage outlet in your area that does repairs, I'd take it to them and let them give you a quote. They may even have an older refurbished one they're willing to sell. Hard to find good new turntables at a reasonable cost !

Archived