Earthless, a psychedelic jam band from San Diego.

reswati

Since I saw them already twice, and they always blew me away, these guys might deserve a topic.

Earthless were founded in 2001 by Isaiah Mithchell (guitar), Mike Eginton (Bass), and drummer Mario Rubalcaba.

Eginton suggested the name Earthless,inspired by a song titled likewise by a 1960s American rock group called the Druids of Stonehenge. The trio accepted the name for its "psychedelic ring" and ambiguity, but by then they had already been together for at least three months (five rehearsal sessions and one live show) without one.At the group's earliest rehearsal, they played Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath songs interspersed between lengthy improvisations. At their second session the band only played their own material.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My internet dial-up (!) is so extremely lousy that I almost NEVER click on a video.  Glad I did for this one because it came in beautifully and I LOVE their sound!!!! Thanks Reswati.  (and are you still doing fine with the quit smoking? it's been 4 or 5 years right?)

very classic band get hold of rock of ages...

Earthless are so good... Plus the guitarist has a cool band out there called Golden Void!!! Glad there are others out there who like this too

Ah, I've got that album. The one released in 2012. I bought it purely because They're named after a Hawkwind song! :)

Archived